Sunday, March 9, 2014

Thing #5: Notetaking

I wasn't sure about loading up yet another notepad-type app. I already use Evernote, and store lots of info flotsam on both Google Drive and Dropbox. But Springpad is pretty terrific, both on the tablet and the Web. I liked the interface, the collaboration with other apps and especially the templates. Within minutes I had set up notebooks for quick thoughts, movies, books, recipes, tasks, and miscellany captured in my net rambles. Synching was immediate, and the potential of public/shared notebooks is intriguing. This is definitely a keeper.

Update: Springpad has added quite a few new templates, some branded by personalties in a particular field. I am going to try the family history template for my genealogy hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment